"snake oil" exact phrase
votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Meta

Comments on Separate the tags away from the Sandbox or delete the [finalized] tag

Separate the tags away from the Sandbox or delete the [finalized] tag

+3
−0

This is a feature-request post consisting of 2 actions for a reason...

There's this thing that's been bugging me for a while in Code Golf CD. If you go to the tag page of the Challenges category, you'll be greeted with, of course, tags. But there's one tag that I didn't want to see a part of in Challenges: finalized, a tag that only shows in the Sandbox category. This doesn't fit, honestly.

It's weird seeing a tag from a sub-category (categories that rely on a more main one) appear from the main, and I want to fix that somehow. There are 2 options:

1. Get rid of the finalized tag once and for all. Doesn't seem to be completely necessary, as one could simply say it is [finalized] or [released] by adding it to the title. (Actually, we might need to have a policy on tag burnination soon.)
  2. Separate the tags from the 2 categories. If no one wants to get rid of the tag, this is an option. Basically, it removes the post count from the Sandbox away from the Challenges category, and vice versa. This clears finalized away from the tag list in Challenges and also fixes the post count from all tags.

So which is better, the former or the latter? That's where you guys decide. If the majority doesn't agree on any of the ideas, well said then, we won't deal with the tag in there.

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

2 comment threads

Delete finalised challenges (3 comments)
I think is is better to separate the tags. After all, if a draft introduces a new tag, but doesn't ge... (2 comments)
Delete finalised challenges
Shaggy‭ wrote over 2 years ago

Specifically in the case of the finalised tag, we should burninate it and start encouraging people to delete sandboxed challenges once they are posted in order to avoid clutter in the Sandbox.

Lundin‭ wrote over 2 years ago

Shaggy‭ It might be worth keeping discussions archived at least for a few weeks after a new challenge is released. In case anyone has questions they might be able to go check the reasoning behind some rule in the sandbox. In the long term I agree that finalised sandbox drafts hold no value.

General Sebast1an‭ wrote over 2 years ago

Lundin‭ Are you proposing to use the Wayback Machine for this kind of idea?