Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Sandbox

Comments on Recreate the Server Fault logo [released]

Recreate the Server Fault logo [released]

+2
−0

Make the Server Fault logo using the following criteria:

Server Fault Logo

The source for the logos in challenges I post are the apple-touch-icons. Therefore, don't blame me. This note will be removed once posted in the main section, but keep this in mind. Also, once this is posted in the main section, the logo will be linked to the main page for design purposes.

The boxes' measurements:

• There are 3 columns of 5 boxes, with long ones at the left where the rest are regular.
  • The following measurements of each row's height: Rows
  • The following measurements of each column's width: Columns
  • Most of the gaps measure 5 pixels except the gap between the 2nd and 3rd rows: Gaps

The entire image:

• The image should look like the image given.
  • The entire dimensions of the whole image is 124 by 95 pixels as its minimum.

The color palette:

For the long boxes and the boxes at the very right have the same colors. Make them using the following RGB values:

• 1st (top): 209, 210, 212 (#d1d2d4)
  • 2nd (second-to-top): 167, 169, 172 (#a7a9ac)
  • 3rd (middle): 129, 130, 133 (#818285)
  • 4th (second-to-bottom): 88, 88, 90 (#58585a)
  • 5th (bottom): 35, 31, 32 (#231f20)

For the red boxes, make them using the following RGB values:

• 1st (top): 232, 39, 44 (#e8272c)
  • 2nd (second-to-top): 152, 33, 35 (#982123)
  • 3rd (middle): 99, 15, 21 (#630f15)
  • 4th (second-to-bottom): 44, 20, 20 (#2c1414)
  • 5th (bottom): 5, 7, 8 (#050708)

Rules:

• The image should apply all descriptions from above.

• Standard loopholes are forbidden.

• Shortest code in bytes wins.

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.

1 comment thread

General comments (10 comments)
General comments
manassehkatz‭ wrote almost 3 years ago

When I go to Server Fault, I see a different logo - consistent line heights, slightly different colors, etc. Can you link to the source of the actual image, not just the main Server Fault page?

General Sebast1an‭ wrote almost 3 years ago

@manassehkatz here's what I mean. now simply right-click the logo and go to the link so you know what I mean. this is also used on the Stack Overflow challenge.

There are many logos. You mention "apple-touch-icons" - since I am not an Apple programmer (I don't even own any Apple devices), that is meaningless. When I go to the linked web site, I see a similar logo - slightly different sizes and colors. Link to a specific source icon/image.

@manassehkatz okay, nevermind! I might not end up posting this after all.

I only found these logos because of the source code of each site, and I found these icons which I decided to use. this is what I prefer and is also used in my Stack Overflow challenge, like I already said. it came from the format https://cdn.sstatic.net/Sites//Img/apple-touch-icon.png, so let that logo be and keep it as those requirements I got from checking the measurements. fine, I'm not posting this until what you want me to clear is cleared.

Sorry for all the confusion, but that link doesn't work. Figure out a link that works, test it after putting in a comment (sometimes Markdown is a little quirky) and we'll go from there.

@manassehkatz say we have https://cdn.sstatic.net/Sites/serverfault/Img/apple-touch-icon.png for this challenge, then https://cdn.sstatic.net/Sites/stackoverflow/Img/apple-touch-icon.png for the Stack Overflow challenge. there's the format, the portion between Sites and apple-touch-icon.png changes for every site.

Including the link improves this a lot. The only remaining issue is that the linked samples have, as expected, white space around them. The challenge should either include the white space or explicitly exclude it.

Skipping 1 deleted comment.

General Sebast1an‭ wrote over 2 years ago

manassehkatz‭ for these challenges, simply set the portions where the whitespace of the left and top of the image is removed, then we can start adding the dimensions of each image. each user can create the images with whitespace or not, as long as it looks similar to the picture. the total size of the image is considered the minimum to me.

Lundin‭ wrote over 2 years ago

Couldn't we have Codidact-specific challenges. Recreating the Mathematics logo sounds like fun but tricky challenge.