Filtering the sandbox for ease of feedback
I see the Sandbox as a vital part of challenge design. When I visit the Sandbox I'd like to be able to show only proposals that are not finalized, so I can focus feedback where it is needed.
In the absence of dedicated functionality, I can search for sandbox posts without the "finalized" tag.
This would probably be enough for me, except there are proposals with "[FINALIZED]" edited into the title instead of having the "finalized" tag, and there are proposals that have been posted as challenges but have not yet been tagged as "finalized" in the Sandbox. There are also some which have "[CANCELLED]" edited into the title.
If we tag all the finalized posts there is still the problem that the search results can only be sorted by posted date, not activity, so posts with recent edits following feedback do not go to the top of the search results, like they do in the Sandbox posts list.
Some of the problem can be fixed simply by adding tags to posts, but I'd like to have a discussion before making any changes. What are your thoughts, particularly on the following points?
- Should the "finalized" tag be the accepted way to indicate that a proposal has been posted to the Challenges section?
- Would it be helpful to edit the existing introduction text at the top of the Sandbox post list, to include the link to the search for sandbox posts without the "finalized" tag?
- Could we add a "cancelled" tag so the search can exclude those too?
- Are we content to use a link to search results indefinitely, or would this just be a short term measure with the hope of having dedicated functionality at some point?
- Do you have a preferred solution / idea for a solution?
"Finalized" (or "cancelled") s …
I'm leaving this answer here f …
Both tags and [FINALIZED] are …